Who We Serve
The Branch of Renewable and Distributed Generation provides American Indian Tribes and Native Alaskan Villages technical assistance and consultation to develop renewable energy and distributed generation projects on their land.
Renewable and distributed energy development represents an opportunity for Tribes to utilize their local resources in support of creating a sustainable economy. However, there is no one size fits all solution, and identifying the most effective options can be a challenging process.
The branch can assist with the front-end phases of energy development so that Tribes can secure financing. These phases of energy project development include:
- Phase 1: Planning & Feasibility
- Phase 2: Detailed Scoping & Refinement
- Phase 3: Secure Contracts, Permits & Financing
Services We Provide
Energy Resource Primers
The energy resource primers below provide information and resource requirements for various renewable energy projects and distributed generation solutions.
About the Branch of Renewable and Distributed Generation
The Branch of Renewable and Distributed Generation is a team of engineers, economists, and business development specialists committed to helping Tribes formulate and implement energy development strategies that best fit with their unique circumstances and long-term visions.
Renewable and Distributed Generation Team
Jennifer Reimann, Branch Chief / Civil Engineer
- Darryl Brown, Program Analyst
- Kevin Carey, Mechanical Engineer
- Isaiah Keeler, Mechanical Engineer
- Kyle Levin, Mechanical Engineer
- Christian Mackey, Mechanical Engineer
- Shelbi Small, Natural Resource Specialist
- Sierra Squire, Natural Resource Specialist
- Snezhana Yermakov, Program Analyst