We awarded $6.94 million to Tribes in 2020-2021 fiscal year.
Who We Serve
The Branch of Business Services (BSB) ensures each Tribe’s long-term plans are well developed and in full alignment with Tribal values and economic development goals. The BSB’s expert team of business consulting professionals advise Tribes in the evaluation of new business structures and the adoption of critical business legal infrastructure. The team also guides Tribes through the process of establishing new ventures that facilitate the development of energy and mineral projects while focusing on generating new jobs and income throughout Indian Country.
Services and Resources for Tribes
For Industry Partners
The links below provide information and guidance to oil and gas industry partners on working with Tribes and collaborating on projects in Indian Country.
About the Branch of Business Services
The Branch of Business Services (BSB) supports Tribal economic development goals by monetizing Tribes’ resources by creating strategic, comprehensive income-generating portfolios through financial and economic analysis, and by advising Tribes on business structures, foundational infrastructures, best-suited for project financing options and new venture partnerships.
The Division of Energy and Mineral Development (DEMD) provides consulting services on two fronts:
- Technical assistance to evaluate energy and mineral resources
- Business services to enable the development of profitable new business ventures utilizing those energy and mineral resources
The BSB works to help Tribal governments become business ready—strategizing resource development through new venture creation. Its most requested business advisory services include:
- Business Planning, Entity Formation and Project Management
- Business Partnering, Deal Structuring and Evaluation
- Grant Funding and Loan Guarantee Financing
- Strategic Planning
- Portfolio and New Venture Performance Management
Payton Batliner, Branch Chief / Economic Development Specialist
- Rafael Eubanks, Loan Specialist
- Summer Hale, Natural Resource Specialist
- Sydnee Masias, Marketing
- Fred Moore, Program Analyst
- Jonathan Nelson, Marketing Specialist
- Patrita “Ime” Salazar, Public Relations
- Tachara Salazar, Management Analyst
- Jeffrey Sanders, Financial Manager
- Lucas Tyree, Regulatory and Legal Support Specialist
- Barry Voigt, Financial Manager