The mission of the Division of Energy and Mineral Development is to provide the best possible technical and economic advice and services in assisting Indian mineral owners to achieve economic self-sufficiency by creating sustainable economies through the environmentally sound development of their energy and mineral resources.
View our achievements in the 2022 OTS Mid-Year Report (June) published on the OTS homepage
2020-2022 Funding and 2019 Energy & Mineral Economic Impact on Indian Lands
Who We Serve
Working with Tribes to stimulate their economies, the Division of Energy and Mineral Development (DEMD) functions much like a full-service consulting firm. Armed with an expert team of geologists, engineers, marketing experts, and other key personnel, our staff facilitates all aspects of energy development for Tribes.
DEMD is committed to finding the best companies that fit with Tribal goals.
Services We Provide
Indian Affairs announces Tribal Energy Development Capac…Press Release
WASHINGTON – Assistant Secretary – Indian Affairs Bryan Newland announced today that the Tribal Energy Development…
About the Division of Energy and Mineral Development
The Division of Energy and Mineral Development provides technical assistance to federally recognized Tribes, including Alaska Native Villages, to identify and implement opportunities to maximize their revenue stream and resource development in a variety of ways:
- Providing Tribes dedicated and accessible engineers, geologists, geophysicists, and business-oriented staff to provide technical support for Tribes
- Offering sophisticated economic planning and analysis
- Supplying Tribes with technical information to increase the Tribe’s negotiating power as they cultivate lease agreements.
- Supporting Tribes in marketing their energy and mineral resources
- Serving as a liaison between Tribes and industry to develop potential partnerships
- Helping Tribes prepare the information needed to gain easier access to capital for project implementation