Our Mission

The mission of the Division of Real Estate Services is to protect and maintain the integrity of trust lands and resources by providing policy direction, technical assistance, training, and administrative review and monitoring of real property operations.

Who We Serve

We work to ensure that the natural resources of American Indian and Alaska Native landowners and Tribes are protected, and help tribal communities reap the economic benefits from their land.

Services We Provide


More Resources

About the Division of Real Estate Services

Division of Real Estate Services (DRES) manages 55 million acres of surface resources and 59 million acres of mineral resources.

DRES’s responsibilities include the review of real property initiatives and the oversight of real estate services transactions, such as land into trust, trust to trust, surface and mineral leases, rights-of-way, and land and leasehold mortgages.