May 25, 2017, 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern
Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month Lunch & Learn presented by Office of Surface Mining
Theme: "Unite Our Voices by Speaking Together"
Auditorium, South Interior Building, NW Washington, DC, Washington, DC 20240 (map)
OSM is hosting an event in honor of Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritae Month, which will feature Coti-Lynne Haia, Bureau Chief for the Office of Hawaiian Affairs. Please click here for more information.
DOI 2016 Native American/Alaskan Native Heritage Month Event
Theme: "Serving Our Nations"
Main Interior Building, 1849 C St NW, Washington, DC 20240 (map)
The Department of the Interior is proud to celebrate Native American/Alaskan Native Heritage Month Event. This year's events will include:
- November 9, 10-11:00 AM Eastern, Bison Bistro
- Keynote Speaker: Thomas H. Begay, U.S. Marine Corps, WWII; Navajo Code Talkers Association
- Native Drum Presentation: Black Bear Singers
- Blessing: Clayton Old Coyote
- Native Dance Presentation: Smoke Dancers
- November 15, 11-11:45 AM Eastern, Bison Bistro
- Native Dance Demonstration: Lance Fisher, Martin Coury, Jack Coury
- Dress in Your Native Regalia for the Day
- Indian Tacos for Sale
- Native Vendors
- November 23, 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM, Bison Bistro - Native Flutist: Ron Warren
- November 29, demonstrations at 10:00-11:30 AM and 1:00-2:00 PM, Bison Bistro
- Navajo Rug Weaver Demonstration
- Native Vendors (all day)
For more information on this event, please visit http://www.indianaffairs.gov/DocumentLibrary/HeritageMonth/index.htm
- November 9, 10-11:00 AM Eastern, Bison Bistro
October 24, 2016, 2:30 - 3:30 PM Eastern
2016 Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Month Event presented by OPM
OPM Campbell Auditorium, 1900 E Street NW, Washington, DC 20415 (map)
OPM is proud to celebrate Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) History Month with an engaging panel discussion on LGBT history and the progress made toward full equality and inclusion. Please join OPM’s Pride Alliance employee resource group and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion to celebrate.
- Moderator: Leslie Pollack, Deputy Associate Director of HR Strategy & Evaluation Solutions and Pride Alliance Executive Champion
- VIP Panelists:
- Eric Alva, Purple Heart Recipient
- Amanda Simpson, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Operational Energy
- Sarah Hassmer, Co-Chair of the Pride Alliance
If you plan to attend in person, please RSVP (MAX account required). If you do not have a MAX account, instructions to register for an account as well as gain access to the Diversity and Inclusion in Government MAX page are shown below.
A Sign Language interpreter will be provided. For all other reasonable accommodations, please contact email@example.com by close of business on Thursday, October 20.
To submit questions during the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The link to view the OPM webcast is: http://web.2.c3.audiovideoweb.com/ca25web26002/7c3flslive1573.html
The link to view the captioning for the webcast is: https://recapd.com/w-c6e97c
You will be able to watch the webcast on a PC or MAC computer. When you click on the link it will open up into whatever your default browser is set to on your computer (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.). You can also watch the webcast stream on an iPhone, iPad, or Droid. The device should be WiFi or 4G capable. Field Offices must view the webcast in a central location to preserve bandwidth. If you attempt to view it from your desk you may overload the system and make it crash for your entire office. If you have any problems connecting to the webcast, please contact your IT Help Desk.
To register for a MAX account and access the Diversity and Inclusion in Government (DIG) MAX page, follow the steps below:
October 18, 2016, 10 AM - 2 PM Eastern
DOI 2016 Disability Awareness Month Event
Theme: "#Inclusion Works"
South Interior Building, NW Washington, DC, Washington, DC 20240 (map)
The goal of the event is to educate, inform and engage employees at all levels about the importance of disability awareness, placing emphasis on strategic recruitment, hiring and retention.This year's Disability Awareness Month event will feature the following:
- Paneled Discussions
- Networking Opportunities
DOI Multi-Cultural Day - September 14, 2016 (10 AM - 3 PM)
"Connecting People to the Department of the Interior: Making our Nation's Parks and Places of Recreation Accessible to Everyone"
Main Interior Building (see schedule for locations of events)
1849 C Street, NW, Washington, DC 20240
This year's Multi-Cultural Day will feature the following:
- Scheduled Presentations Featuring DOI and Guest Speakers
- Youth Workshop
- Live Stream of Events
For more information, visit the website for this event.