The Branch of Personal Property Management (BPPM), formerly the Division of Property Management (DPM), is responsible for property manners relating to the federal government. This department coordinates with all federal agencies, local governments, Congress, and commercial entities in regards to property management operations.
OFPSM is working on making our pages more user-friendly and service-oriented. During this time, there may be some discrepancies between the layouts of organizational and specific service pages as they enter the review and approval stages. We encourage you to contact the Branch of Personal Property Management below if you have any specific questions or concerns.
Who We Serve
The branch chief of BPPM represents the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) on property matters with the Department of the Interior (DOI), other federal agencies, Congress, local government, and commercial entities. BPPM also serves as a senior advisor to AS-IA, DAS-M, bureau directors, legal advisors, financial auditors, and education officials.
BPPM is responsible for providing guidance and technical assistance to programs to ensure compliance with the following activities and functions:
- Maintaining the Indian Affairs Manual (IAM) in accordance with current policy, statutes, regulation, and guidance
- Audit support and implementation of corrective actions
- Personal Property Reporting and Certification
- Firearms accountability
- Fleet management
Services We Provide
About the Branch of Personal Property Management (BPPM)
BPPM represents the BIA on property management matters with the aforementioned stakeholders. In addition, BPPM provides direction on the following:
- Property purchase UPC agreement
- Property acquisitions, transfers, disposals, and modification of federally owned property
- Reconciliation of anomalies and audit discrepancies
- Supplying property data sample through Department of the Interior requests
- Providing technical assistance to Indian Affairs and its regions, agencies, and schools in relation to property in the Financial and Business Management System (FBMS)
- Michael Wischnewski, Acting Branch Chief
- Derrick Moore, Supply Systems Analyst, Bureau Fleet Manager
- Tracey Ayze, Supply Systems Analyst, GSA
- Chad Kinsey, Inventory Management Specialist