The Division of Acquisitions provides services to the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) and the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) in order to meet their missions. The division processes over 11,000 requisitions and procures over $100 million in goods and services annually. The division is comprised of over 50 contract specialists, purchasing agents, and administrative support personnel, is divided into 12 regional offices, and has its headquarters in Reston, VA.
Conducting Business with BIA:
- Register in the System for Award Management (SAM).
- Register in the Treasury Department's Internet Payment Platform (IPP).
Points of Contact:
- Acquisition Policy and Regulation
- Department of the Interior Acquisition Regulation (DIAR)
- The Indian Preference Policy can be accessed at 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71.
- Small Business Administration
- Native American Resources
- Native American PTACs
- Acquisition Central
- Acquisition Gateway