The Mescalero Agency consists of the following branches of service for the one Federally-recognized tribes under their jurisdiction:
- Office of the Superintendent - Charles Riley
- Branch of Administration - Velda Garcia
- Branch of Social Services - Shayne Dickenson-Hall
- Branch of Natural Resources - Gregory Mendez
- Branch of Facilities Management - Vacant
- Branch of Forestry - Vacant
- Branch of Fire Management - Michael S. Smith
- Office of Justice Services - Gary Lamere
The tribe serviced is the Mescalero Apache Tribe. This tribe includes approximately 3,979 members who are eligible to receive various services through their tribal office.
The Office of Justice Services provide direct service law enforcement services to the Mescalero Agency. Services entail providing uniform patrol officers that enforce federal and tribal codes, and a criminal investigation unit that investigates major crimes.
On Sunday, July 9, 2023, at approximately 10:45 p.m., a Bureau of Indian Affairs law enforcement officer from the Mescalero Agency responded to a service call on the Mescalero Reservation that resulted in an officer involved shooting. Read the full press statement.
Mescalero Agency Bureau of Indian Affairs P.O. Box 189 Mescalero, NM 88340
Physical Address: Bureau of Indian Affairs Mescalero Agency 590 Sage Avenue Mescalero, NM 88340
Telephone: (575) 464-4423Telefax: (575) 464-4215