A state court must submit a final adoption decree or order to the Bureau Indian Affairs within 30 days.
Here is the information needed along with the copy of decree or court order.
- Birth name and birth date of the Indian child, and Tribal affiliation and name of the Indian child after adoption;
- Names and addresses of the biological parents;
- Names and addresses of the adoptive parents;
- Name and contact information for any agency having files or information relating to the adoption;
Chief, Division of Human Services
Washington, D.C. 20240
- Please mark "Confidential" in an envelope.
- Mail the official copy. An email will not be accepted.