The IIM program is authorized under 25 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 115 and 25 CFR Part 20, Financial Assistance and Social Services, Subpart D – Services to Children, Elderly, and Families. Further guidance is provided by a Memorandum of Understanding between the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) and Office of Trust Funds Management (OTFM), BIA and OTFM Handbook, and memoranda disseminated by the Director, Bureau of Indian Affairs.
The Division of Human Social Services is responsible for coordinating social services for IIM activities through the Regional IIM Social Worker possessing a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree. The Regional IIM Social Workers conduct annual reviews of all active supervised accounts, provide follow-up on corrective action plans, deliver training and technical assistance, and provide case management for out-of-area IIM cases.
Current News & Events
- NEW IIM Social Services Assessment and Evaluation Form & Instructions.
- NEW Out of Region Procedure (protocol) for requesting IIM assessment when the account holder resides outside of workers region and service area.
- NEW IIM Major Purchase Request Worksheet
- NEW Six-Month Case File Review Form
- 25 CFR Part 2, Appeals From Administrative Actions
- 25 CFR Part 115, Trust Funds for Tribes and Individual Indians
- IAM Part 70 Chapter 5 Supervised Individual Indian Money (IIM) Accounts
Individual Indian Money (IIM) Interagency Handbook
Individual Indian Money (IIM) Forms