The U.S. Department of the Interior is launching the Renewable Energy Accelerated Deployment Initiative (READI), seeking input on how to streamline and advance Tribal renewable energy development. READI is sponsored by the BIA Office of Trust Services (OTS) through the Indian Energy Service Center (IESC) and Division of Energy and Mineral Development (DEMD).
A Tribal engagement series is being held to hear directly from Tribes about renewable energy resource needs and priorities. Each engagement session will be guided by the following discussion prompts:
What is your tribal vision for renewable energy development?
What obstacles or challenges hinder your tribal nations’ renewable energy development?
What additional resources are needed to implement your tribal nation’s vision for renewable energy development?
What additional resources are needed to sustain your tribal nation’s vision for renewable energy development?
How can the BIA best support tribes’ renewable energy development visions and plans?
Tribal Engagement Sessions
The schedule of engagement sessions is as follows:
- August 21, 2023 - (Hybrid) Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa, Catoosa, OK 74015
- August 24, 2023 - (Hybrid) Pechenga Resort Casino, Temecula, CA 92592
- August 28, 2023 - (Hybrid) Wild Horse Resort & Casino, Pendleton, OR 97801
- September 6, 2023 - Virtual only meeting
- September 7, 2023 - Virtual only meeting
- September 11, 2023 - (Hybrid) National Indian Programs Training Center, Albuquerque, NM 87104
- Friday, September 22, 2023, Grand Traverse Resort, Acme, MI 49690
Please register in advance for any of the above-listed engagement sessions using this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bia-readi-tribal-engagement-sessions-tickets-664857686237
- Sign up for notifications by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Would You Like to Do?
All Other Tasks
- Office of Trust Services (OTS)
- Indian Energy Service Center (IESC)
- Division of Energy and Mineral Development (DEMD)
- Branch of Renewable and Distributed Generation, DEMD