Each year, our Division of Energy and Mineral Development offers Tribes financial support to assess the energy and mineral resource potential of their lands through its Energy and Mineral Development Program (EMDP) grants.
For 2022, we plan to award 100-130 grants, ranging in value from $10,000 (minimum ask) to $2,500,000 (maximum ask). We will only fund projects for one year at a time.
What You Need
All applicants must complete the following forms on grants.gov.
- Application for Federal Assistance (SF-424) [V3.0]
- Budget Information for Non-Construction Programs (SF-424A) [V1.0]
- Budget Narrative Attachment Form [V1.2]
- Project Abstract Summary [V2.0]
- Project Narrative Attachment Form [V1.2]
- Attachments [V1.2]
- Tribal Resolution
- Critical Information Sheet
- Key Contacts [V2.0]
- ACH Vendor/Miscellaneous Payment Enrollment Form [V2.0]
To be considered for funding, you must submit all required forms for your application. If your application is incomplete, we will inform you and provide an explanation of what needs to be completed. You must then resubmit a completed version of your application by the deadline.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit completed proposal application packages via email.
- Go to Grants.gov to start your application.
- Complete all the forms listed above required for the grant application and submit by the deadline.
DEMD requires a Tribal resolution authorizing the Tribe to submit the grant proposal for the Energy and Mineral Development Program (EMDP). Please provide your tribal administration ample time to prepare this to submit with your grant application.
After we receive your submission, we’ll send you a confirmation email within five business days.