Our Division of Energy and Mineral Development provides the opportunity for Tribes to receive financial assistance to evaluate the energy and mineral resource potential of their lands through its grants. We know that millions of acres of Tribal lands hold vast natural resources. We support development efforts led by Tribes in accordance with Tribal goals and priorities.
Resources Eligible for Funding
- Biomass — Woody and Waste
- Natural gas
- Coal bed methane
- Industrial minerals (sand and gravel)
- Precious minerals (gold, silver, and platinum)
- Base minerals (lead, copper, and zinc)
- Ferrous metal minerals (iron, tungsten, and chromium)
Activities Eligible for Funding
- Resource Assessment
- Exploration Studies
- Feasibility Studies
- Market Studies
- Engineering Studies
- Economic Evaluation
- Defining Potential Targets for Development
Interested in applying? Learn how.
Need Technical Assistance?
In addition to our grants, many of our in-house technical capabilities and expert services are available for FREE to Tribes.
We’re committed to offering the technical support needed to assist Tribes in exploring and developing energy and mineral resources to meet their long-term goals to support their people.