Each year, our Division of Energy and Mineral Development, through its Tribal Energy Development Capacity (TEDC) program grants, offers Tribes financial support to establish their energy business or enhance the energy capacity of their business.
Annually, we plan to award 15-45 grants, ranging in value from $10,000 (minimum ask) to $1,000,000 (maximum ask). We will only fund projects for one year at a time.
What You Need
All applicants must complete the following forms on grants.gov.
- Application for Federal Assistance (SF-424) [V3.0]
- Budget Information for Non-Construction Programs (SF-424A) [V1.0]
- Budget Narrative Attachment Form [V1.2]
- Project Abstract Summary [V2.0]
- Project Narrative Attachment Form [V1.2]
- Attachments [V1.2]
- Tribal Resolution
- Critical Information Sheet
- Key Contacts [V2.0]
- ACH Vendor/Miscellaneous Payment Enrollment Form [V2.0]
To be considered for funding, you must submit all required forms for your application by the deadline. Notifications will be sent from GrantSolutions. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit completed proposal application packages via email.
- Go to Grants.gov to start your application.
- Complete all the forms listed above required for the grant application and submit by the deadline.
DEMD requires a Tribal resolution authorizing the Tribe to submit the grant proposal for the Tribal Energy Development Capacity (TEDC). Please provide your tribal administration ample time to prepare this to submit with your grant application.
After we receive your submission, we’ll send you a confirmation email within five business days.