The Office of Indian Economic Development (IED) provides funding for federally recognized American Indian and Alaska Native tribes to hire consultants to perform feasibility studies and/or develop business plans for proposed tourism projects. TTGP funding may also be used to explore how a current tribal tourism business can recover from and/or adapt to the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Annually, IED expects to award 20-35 TTGP grants. Awarded TTGP grants will start in value from $25,000, but will not exceed $150,000.
All TTGP projects must be completed within one year unless a no-cost extension is provided by the awarding official.
TTGP grants are discretionary and go through a competitive evaluation process. They are not self-determination/638 contracts that are awarded through the Public Law 93-638 process and give a tribe authority over programs operated by the federal government for the tribe’s benefit.
What You Need
- All TTGP proposals must meet eligibility requirements and include all documents/mandatory components listed in the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). All applicants must complete the forms listed under the “package” tab located on the TTGP announcement page on Grants.gov. Only complete grant applications will be accepted.
- Please thoroughly read the NOFO in the “related items” tab on Grants.gov to understand the application process and what is required.
- To be considered for funding, you must submit all required forms for your application. If your application is incomplete, we will inform you and provide an explanation of what needs to be completed. You must then resubmit a completed version of your application by the deadline.
- Any information submitted to TTGP becomes part of government records and may be subject to disclosure to third parties.
How to Apply
The required method of submitting proposals is through the official TTGP announcement page on Grants.gov.
- If you haven't done so already, you need to register with Grants.gov.
- Then, you can apply for the grant.
After we receive your application, we’ll send you a confirmation email within five business days.