The Department of the Interior is proposing to update its regulations at 25 CFR Part 2. These regulations govern administrative appeals of decisions issued by Indian Affairs officials. This proposed rule aims to:
- Reflect changes in Indian Affairs organization that has occurred in the 30 years since the regulations were last updated;
- Clarify how to administratively appeal actions from each Indian Affairs official;
- Allow for more expedited reviews of requests to compel action by an Indian Affairs official; and
- Add provisions to allow for administrative appeals of Statements of Perofrmance issued by the Bureau of Trust Funds Administration.
Please visit the Consultation Schedule page to view and register for the consultation sessions. In addition to joining one of the consultation sessions, please submit any written comments to email@example.com by Thursday, March 24, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Joaquin Gallegos, Special Assistant, Office of the Assistant Secretary - Indian Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 208-7163.
- Clarify how to appeals actions from each Indian Affairs official;
- Clarify timelines and filing deadlines;
- Make the regulations easier to understand and use; and
- Add provisions to address matters not covered in the current regulations, such as appeals of Office of the Special Trustee Statements of Performance.
The comment period of Friday, February 14, 2020, has closed.
|Wednesday, January 22, 2020||1 p.m. - 4 p.m. (EST)||
Phone: (877) 918-2309
|TBD - Week of February 10, 2020||1 p.m. - 4 p.m. (EST)||
1001 16th St. NW
Washington, DC 20036