GRANT FUNDING PROGRAM
TRIBAL ENERGY DEVELOPMENT CAPACITY (TEDC)
To find the 2017 TEDC Solicitation please click here, Tribal Energy Development Capacity Grant Proposal Solicitation 2017, or go directly to BIA-000-0007-TEDC at grants.gov, https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html
The Goals of TEDC Include:
- To build capacity through the establishment of organizational structure(s) and/or business entity structure(s) capable of engaging in commercial energy development or management activities; and
- To provide funding for the development or enhancement of key regulatory activities.
TEDC Projects May Include:
- Projects that include: leasing property, meeting lending requirements, entering into standard business contracts, and forming joint venture partnerships.
- Structures include: tribal business charters under federal law
- Section 17 Corporations
- Corporations formed under state and tribal incorporations codes
- Tribal Utility Authorities formed under federal, state, or tribal code
- Types of regulatory projects include: the establishment of tribal policies, enactment of tribal regulations for the leasing of surface and subsurface land for energy development pursuant to the HEARTH act, establishment of legal infrastructure for business formation, enactment of ordinances related to regulating and developing energy resources, and adoption of a secured transaction code or memorandum of understanding, compact, or letter of intent with the state to register liens attached pursuant to the code.
- NOTE: Projects are not limited to the above.
In-House Technical Assistance Available:
DEMD offers in-house technical capabilities and services to tribes at no charge.
Required Proposal Items
DEMD requires that grant proposals include: (1) a current tribal resolution authorizing the proposed project, (2) a designated tribal lead, (3) TEDC grant project description, (4) existing and prior energy resource development experience, (5) planned energy capacity development, and (6) a detailed budget estimate. Proposals are due to DEMD by 5:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time on October 9, 2017.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION AL DOCUMENTS
TEMPLATE REPORTS AND RESOLUTION
Please contact DEMD with any questions or inquiries.
If you have questions about the TEDC program or submission process, please contact:
Amy Wilson, Direct: 720-407-0623; Cell: 720-692-7508; email@example.com
Chandler Allen, Direct: 720-407-0607; firstname.lastname@example.org
DEMD Division Chief:
Stephen Manydeeds, 720-407-0600; email@example.com
Please send tribal resolution, budget, tribal lead contact, and completed proposal and appendices electronically to:
Attn.: Tribal Energy Development Capacity
As an alternative, you may send completed proposals via United States Postal Service, FedEx, or United States Parcel Service to:
Division of Energy and Mineral Development
Attn: Tribal Energy Development Capacity
13922 Denver West Parkway
Lakewood, CO 80401