The support of the Tribal Council is critical because it:
- Sets the tone for how seriously the council is to address the problem.
- Able to identify, prioritize and commit resources from applicable departments to assist with the program.
- Determines program funding levels.
- Provides a pool of credible role models and mentors for youth going through the Program.
- Assists with determining how Tribal members will be held accountable for arson and youth-set wildfires through Tribal Court systems, should individuals choose not to participate.