The Youth Fire Prevention Program hosts a three day course to train fire personnel and community partners to coordinate a JFP program for their Tribe. The training consists of:
- Understanding and identifying the youth set fire incident problem
- Collecting fire incident data including the time, location and objects burned in the fire,
- Practicing interviewing youth and parents
- Learning how to use a screening instrument to make referrals and develop safety and supervision plans
- Providing educational intervention
- Implementing community service projects
Participants will receive a “How-to” manual with data collection forms, the BIA Youth Fire Screening tool and several age and culturally appropriate educational intervention curricula.