Report Spills or Incidents to BIA Hotline:
(855) 495-0373 (Toll Free)
THE BUREAU OF INDIAN AFFAIRS AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY PLAN TO UPDATE THE OSAGE OPERATORS ENVIRONMENTAL REFERENCE MANUAL
PURPOSE OF LISTENING SESSIONS
In 1997, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) worked with certain parties to develop an Osage Operator’s Manual that provided a clear language interpretation of the regulations and discussed best management practices for oil and gas operations within Osage County to assist with compliance of environmental laws and regulations. The Manual now needs to be updated to incorporate regulatory changes given changes in the law. EPA and BIA plan to update the Manual after hearing from the Osage Minerals Council, Nation Representatives, identified stakeholder groups, and the public.
Revision of the Manual is intended to provide guidance on how to comply with current environmental laws and the regulations governing oil and gas operations within Osage County. The Manual will also provide clarification on which agencies should be contacted in the event someone has concerns regarding those oil and gas operations. The objective of the Manual is to provide useful guidance and best management practice standards for daily responsibilities concerning oil and gas operations.
The Manual is not intended to provide legal advice, replace existing legal obligations with respect to environmental responsibilities or oil and gas operations within Osage County or establish new rules or regulations. The Manual will not, nor is it intended to, address all aspects of applicable laws and regulations that govern Osage County.
FOR QUESTIONS CALL THE OSAGE AGENCY AT (918) 287-5700
LISTENING SESSION MEETING SCHEDULE
- Introductory public meeting, February 20th, 6:30 to 8:30 PM, Wah Zha Zhi Cultural Center, 1449 W. Main, Pawhuska, OK 71056
- Stakeholder meetings, March 3, 4 and 5th, Skiatook Casino, 5591 W Rogers Blvd., Skiatook, OK 74070 (by invitation only)
- Mid-course public meeting, April 29th, 6:30 PM start, Wah Zha Zhi Culture Center, 1449 W. Main, Pawhuska, OK 71056
- Stakeholder meetings, May 13, various times, Skiatook Casino, 5591 W. Rogers Blvd., Skiatook, OK (by invitation only)
- Closing public meeting, June 17, 6:30 PM start, Wah Zha Zhi Culture Center, 1449 W. Main, Pawhuska, OK 74056
LISTENING SESSION MEETING AGENDAS
LISTENING SESSION MEETING SUMMARIES