Division of Economic Development
The Division of Economic Development works to bring jobs to reservations, foster sustainable reservation economies, and empower Indian nations to determine their economic futures.
We do this by:
- Training Indian entrepreneurs and tribal business leaders/CEOs;
- Linking Tribes with U.S. businesses wishing to relocate on reservations and hire tribal members;
- Assisting Tribes to establish the legal infrastructure needed for economic progress;
- Linking Tribes and tribal businesses with U.S. graduate schools to perform economic feasibility studies and long-term, strategic, reservation-wide economic development plans;
- Assisting Tribes to protect their cultural patrimony and intellectual property;
- Encouraging preservation of indigenous economic traditions and values;
- Providing entrepreneurial and financial literacy training for Native youth; and,
- Assisting Tribes to develop computer technology centers and training for e-commerce.
Indian Entrepreneurs and Native business men and women, click below:
Tribal leaders, click below:
Corporations interested in moving operations to Indian Country, click below: