Online Primers: "Economic Development at a Glance"
DED seeks to furnish Native American business men and women and tribal leaders with the knowledge they need to turn around what for some have been decades of high unemployment, lack of access to credit, and sparse economic opportunities.
Some of these pathways include:
- Obtaining from a disinterested third party an analysis of each potential tribal business opportunity to ensure that scarce resources are prudently invested;
- Taking advantage of government and private procurement opportunities; and
- Building the legal infrastructure necessary for economic growth.
DED provides simple, easy-to-absorb primers on these particular pathways to economic success, with others to come.
These online primers can be quickly absorbed in a question-and-answer format that pinpoints what the reader needs to know.
Available here soon will be:
- “The Importance of Feasibility Studies”;
- “Procurement Opportunities for Native Americans”; and
- “Why Tribes Should Adopt a Secured Transactions Code”